BETH AGHAHOWA: A NURSE AND FURNITURE MAKER PER EXCELLENCE

Beth Aghahowa, a lady who is making giant strides in furniture making and Nursing in this interview with www.main a entertainers.blogspot.com takes us round her world.
Enjoy reading this thought provoking interview.
Who is Beth Aghahowa?
I'm AGHAHOWA OSASUMWEN BETH, a 25year old Nigerian from Uhunmwonde local government area of EDO state. 
I hold a Bachelor 's degree in nursing science, a RN an 5 nursing related certifications. 
I am the 4th child of a family of 7, my dad died 10years ago and my widowed mother  runs a business in Benin.

How did your journey into furniture making began?

After graduation in 2015,  my Alma mater -Ambrose Alli  University  couldn't present us to the Nursing and midwifery council of Nigeria for licensure because of a fire incident which resulted in the withdrawal of a accreditation. 
Before this time, all I wanted was to get to the zenith of my academics. 
My long stay at home and trying to stay engaged made me develop a  liking towards interior decor. 
It wasn't easy as a start-up with no funds to invest in my business but yet I wanted to stay engaged. 
I paid seldom visits to furniture makers around me to discuss interior furnishings and realized that I could actually learn
What qualities stand you out as a furniture maker?

I term myself the "Trendy DIY woodgirl"... My unique but simple designs..


Why did you choose furniture making as a profession?


Furniture making isn't a profession for me.. It's just me building my interior decor skills.

How do you get your inspiration?


My biggest inspiration comes from my desire to impart lives. 
My woodwork inspiration mostly come from Pinterest and other professional furniture makers  around the globe

What are the challenges you face on the job?

Getting clients to trust me is difficult because they look at my face, my clothes and my diction and doubt my ability to handle wood. 

The market is saturated with males.. A female is an uncommon sight
What would people be surprised to learn about you?

That I'm a graduate nurse.. 
They go all "Na lie", "What are the odds"?

You are a nurse and a furniture maker, how do you combine the two?

Nursing is my career, I do this because I love caring for people. 
Furniture making isn't a permanent job yet. 
I'm just developing my interest. 
I'm planning on using it for a greater good and not as a job.
How fulfilled are you in your chosen career?

Nursing is my life! 
The joy I get from being entrusted with people 's lives can't be quantified. 

I'm at peace doing what I love.

Interior designing takes away the stress I face from my career. 
Making simple spaces look unique and beautiful is fulfilling
Who is your role model?

I have a few... 
My mum... She reminds me daily that being a good person pays. 
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

What's your advice to the youths?

School no be scam. 
Education is power. 
Knowledge is strength. 
And skills?  They'll feed you till your dying days. 


Get both Education and skill.


What's your stand on gender equality?

I'm a feminist per excellence.


How do you unwind?

I love solitude, it recharges me.Playing lawn tennis and then music.I write.. Poems, stories





Comments