MEET 8-YEAR-OLD TREASURE OBI SUPER TALENTED SPOKEN WORD ACT



Talents are best discovered when children are young and parents are to help them nurture their dream till they are old enough to stand for themselves. Such is the case of this 8-year-old girl, Treasure obi,a grade 4 pupil who is a spoken word act and  the ambassador for smart young role model.
In this interview with Eric Olusesan , she takes us round her world.


Why did you chose spoken word?

I did not choose it , it actually chose me.. It came naturally

As a child, is English your favourite subject?

Yes it is.

 Was your aspiration spoken word?

No, I aspire to own a big business inspiring young people.

What is your favourite book?

My favorite book is Ginger Bread Man


What motivates you as a spoken word act?


What motivates me is when my mum is proud of me and buys me gifts and also when people are inspired by my delivery.


You are also a humanitarian, tell us what inspires you into this?
Each time I go out and i see destitutes on the streets, I always feel sad and I wonder if I'm living a good and peaceful life, why aren't they? So I decided to help.

Do you think your upbringing may have affected the way you are now?

Yes it does.

What's your advice to that little child whose talent is yet to be discovered?


My advice is that you need to figure out your talent, work on your talent, believe in yourself and in your talent and you will be able to do it if you put your heart to it
















Gina osang obi, popularly called the reigning queen, is the mother of the super talented spoken world act Treasure Obi .
In this lovely conversation with Eric Olusesan, she takes us round how she discovered the talents in her daughter and how she is nurturing  her to stardom.



At what age was her talent discovered?

Her talent was discovered at the age of four when she was chosen to give the opening speech for her Nursery graduation ceremony. The teachers realized she could memorized the entire speech and didn't take a look at the paper on the day of the graduation


Why spoken word?

As a matter of fact am a poet amongst other things. On realizing that my daughter has a gift for memorizing, i decided to train her on spoken word so that she could give voice to my poems that were sitting idly on the pages of  notebooks

How did she emerge as the Ambassador for Smart Young Role Model?

Pascal Herald, the founder of Smart Young Role Model Contest invited me for the contest. I in turn mentioned my daughter to Pascal who agreed for  her to participate in the Contest. Eventually she emerged the winner for the Young Role Model category , and ultimately the Ambassador

What does her role entails as the Ambassador for Smart Young Role Model?

As the ambassador for SYRM, she personally chose to embark on humanitarian services which she's presently carrying out. She's visiting hospitals, orphanages where she gives motivational speeches and her spoken words too, alongside gift items.

How is she impacting her age grade and other children in Nigeria?

In her school and church,her classmates are greatly inspired whenever she does  her presentations. As such a number of kids have been motivated to also stand before crowd without being shy or intimidated. Her TV interviews I believe will be watched by kids who'll also be inspired as well.

What is the next level for  her career?

Treasure has a heart full of love and never likes to see people begging or suffering at all. As a matter of fact she mandates me to always give to beggars whenever we go out. She's presently working on raising funds to build homes / shelters for the homeless. She's also training on motivational speaking. Her greatest goal is to be able to build a big business through which she will become a philanthropist

Word of encouragement to parents on how to discover and nurture their children's talents?

Every child has enormous gifts on the inside. Parents should try their best to overlook their kids shortcomings while focusing on their strengths. The school teachers are also a very important channel so its important for the parents to have a friendly cordial relationship with their children.


Your last word?

Treasure Obi is a super brand who's out to create a lasting impact on humanity. We ask for your all round support. Thanks and God bless you all.







Comments