Passion for Arts inspires me- Kelly Jossi Ede


Nollywood actress and producer Kelly Jossi Ede  in this interview withwww.naijaentertainers.blogspot.com reveals her how far she is gone in her Acting Career.




How it all began? 

I started acting during my secondary school days. Then I was able to feature in "ripples" the then soap opera by Zeb Ejiro, alongside Franca Aernan & late Mohammed danjuma in 1993.


What inspires you?

 Passion...for the arts is what inspires me. Be it stage performance or screen. That I can make people happy with what I do is a driving force

What's the unique selling point of your outfit?

 I run a production company "black and proud productions". Our uniqueness is our ability to identify talents and give them a chance to grow. We believe so much in nurturing talents and putting them out there

 How fulfilled are you in your chosen career? 

To be candid I haven't gotten the fulfilment I want both career wise and financially. The only fulfilment I get is the encouragement from my fans and that means a lot to me. But I can tell you that am making progress because even though I am not yet where I want to be but I am no longer at the level I used to be.



Who is your role model?

 Wow! My role model..hmm Hollywood I would say ..Julia Roberts, nollywood?...right now I would say Mo'Abudu. That woman is something else. Creative, innovative, hardworking, focused goal better. She inspires me a lot..and I keep telling myself"Kelly, watch, follow and learn



 How do you unwind? 

I love to watch movies a lot. It is a form of relaxation that is at the same time educative and informative. Also, spending time with my girls, going out to their choice places..






Advice for the Nigerian Youths?

My advice to Nigerian youths is...drop the new mentality of laziness and quick money. Go to school, find your passion and work on it. Trust in God and never ever give up on your dreams, keep pushing someday you will get there.




 Where do we see your outfit in the next five years?

 In the next five years I expect us to be globally relevant as a film maker both statistically, artistically and financially. A reference point for every would be film maker



What do you think the government can do to help the industry ?

Well..the govt can help us by becoming partners in some of our projects especially those that have to do with the history and culture of our great country.  Though I must commend them so far for the fundings set up for the entertainment sector though you have to go through a lot of bureaucracy to get it.




What is style?

Style for me is what you like and  are comfortable in. It doesn't have to be expensive to fit..but it has to definitely look good on you!



 What your background? 

I was born on September 22 1974. I come from a family of four kids. Am the first girl and second child. My late father was a highlife musician and my late mother was a teacher.  I hail from amauzam-ugbawka in nkanu east local govt area of Enugu state. I grew up in Orile -iganmu where I attended both primary and secondary school(coker secondary school) then Ogun state polytechnic( now moshood abiola poly)  class of 94 where I studied public relations. Am married with two beautiful daughters

Comments

  1. I know Kelly,she is strong charactered.I know she has done enough to get the needed breakthrough in the art.I know if not deterred,she will explode soon and it won't be a surprise to me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment