Am simple, down to earth but pricipled- Busolami Tunwase

www.naijaentertainers.blogspot.com, in this interview with Busola Tunwase,  a news anchor with TVC,  who have been a broadcaster for fifteen years and still counting, talks about how she  began as a broadcaster without actually setting out for it; her style and other issues.


What does it take to become a broadcaster?

A lot of work. A balanced temperance, some one with a good staying power, passion for the job and  you must stay intelligent all the time.

How did you get into broadcasting?

It was instruction from God. I was given a template for a radio programme for my service year and it all started from there.

You have a unique way of casting news, what motivates you?

My late boss at AIT Mr Ladi Lawal told me to always tell a story and not read the stories and if am telling you a story, then it becomes a conversation between me and my audience. So I must sound believable, I may have to gesticulate if the need arise and of course my facial expressions must get your attention.

What was it like learning the art of broadcasting and blending it with what you already knew?

Interesting,don't forget God gave me a template, so I have a picture of me as intended but the schools and on the job training helped a lot. I knew how I must turn out even though I learn from older colleagues and contemporaries ,i have remained true to whom I am.


What has been your most fascinating moment as a broadcaster?

Bringing the plight of Abuja residents living in the slump to light, this happened when I was the head of AIT Abuja desk.

How has it been since you moved from AIT to TVC?

A little quieter but intriguing.

Let's talk about your background?

I had my Ist degree in music  before going for masters in mass communucation, both from University of Nigeria Nsukka(UNN).

How would you describe yourself? 

Simple , down to earth but principled

What's your marital status?

Single

Are you a stylish person?

Am modestly stylish

You are a role model, how do you help to mentor our youths?

Am involved with some advocacy projects in that area, like
Choice for life. It's an advocacy group for female reproductive health and rights,we also handle adolescent issues.

Today is your birthday, what are your birthday wishes?

Joy, peace and love




Comments

  1. You are pretty.You need to allow some one to 'appreciate'that quality. I hope it's me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why's this beautiful lady single? Haas she been married before? Well, I like her sha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missing you on the Screen of TVC. Hope you will be back soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment