Growing up in the slum helps you to find yourself- Ruth Kadiri



Nollywood actress Ruth Kadiri has spoken on how she has been able to become a good woman even when she was raised in one of the bad slumps of Lagos state.
When the name Ajegunle is mentioned the first thought that jumps into the hearer’s ear is crime, but for Ruth Kadiri it is more than that.
The actress has issued that Ajegunle has been able to shape her life in general and as she was not a victim of any wrong doing while growing up in such vicinity she does not see herself doing such now that she knows life better.
The curvy actress made this revelation through Potpourri, she said;
“Growing up in the slum helps you to find yourself. It’s either you are defined or you are not. Growing up as a child in Ajegunle, it’s either you get lost or it helps you find your way. Right now, there are so many mistakes I can’t make. I see many ladies misbehave, if I am able to overcome it at childhood I can’t start doing it now. As a child I have always known what I wanted. In my room I had a write-up that when I become eighteen I would rent my own apartment. My dad saw it and he was like ‘Where are you going by eighteen?’ I told him I want to be able to get my own apartment and make my own money. He just laughed it off. I think that decision helped me to cultivate the desire to make my own money and do it the right way,” she said.
Ruth Kadiri is one of the most anticipated Nollywood actresses nowadays because of her acting talents and prowess; she also doubles as a director.

Comments