I learnt more on the street than in any classroom-Alade Omowumi Zamorepp




Our Next Nigerian Entrepreneur,Alade Omowumi Zamorepp, is so passionate about Sports  photography. She gained experience, she learned, she built a network, and today she’s a success and source of motivation for many young women. There’s so much to learn from this amazing woman. Be inspired as you read!


At what point did you take up Photography as a profession?

I took photography as a profession after I've done a lot of jobs and they severally owed me salaries.

What aspect of photography do you focus on?

I focus on sports photography

What do you think about the Nigerian creative industry?

Nigerians are really creative but our leaders are not being supportive.

What is your educational background like?

My educational background is extremely tough. I learnt more in the streets than in any classroom.

How did you get funds to start your company?

I started my own company only with the help of God. He sent to me Mr. Kabiru Abubakar (popularly known as Zamora) who drew me into photography and got equipments for me on a loan which I paid back  installmentaly.

How profitable has it been?

To  me, photography has been profitable.

What are some of the challenges you have faced in achieving your dream of being a photographer?

Some of the challenges I've faced before I got here are: 1) "FEMININITY" This is a great challenge to most ladies struggling out there. 2) Having an eye-catching stature. ( This is like an incurable disease) 3). Having a financially poor background. 4). When you tell people that your profession is photography, they look down on you and you feel isolated.

Have family and friends been supportive on your drive?

My family has been so supportive with prayers.

How was the reaction of your parents when you first told them that you were going to become a photographer?

Well, my parents really do have a massive believe in me that I'm wise enough to choose a great career for myself. They just prayed for my success when I told them and they wished they were rich enough to buy my equipments.

Do you think photography in Nigeria is stagnated or it is being supported?

Photography in Nigeria is being supported but not as expected. If I were to rate it, I would give it 40%.


Comments

  1. It's rare and I don't think I've met any female sports photographer, keep it up girl the sky is your starting point. Allah's blessings in your career as you soar higher

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment