COMPATABITY IS WHAT LEADS TO A BLISSFUL MARRIAGE-UNYME EKWERE BASSEY



”Like a phoenix, Unyime Ekwere Bassey is rising from the ashes of adversity and inspiring others to do so through her story. Her tale will inspire you to rise above your challenges no matter what life throws at you. The pretty relationship counselor and matchmaking is touching lives through her platform.This is her story.

What's your background?

I'm the third child of nine children. I am from Onna but was born and raised in Eket. I attended All weather international nursery school Eket LGA, Immaculate conception secondary school itak- ikono LGA all in Akwa ibom state. Then University of calabar, CRS. Nigeria where i obtained a Bsc in pure and applied chemistry. Then Masters loading, university of texas. My dad is late. He was a pastor cum business man. An icon, a philanthropist and a great man whose name and legacy still speaks even in his demise. My mum is alive a pastor cum business woman. I am single. A christian. An entrepreneur a writer, a motiational speaker and blogger. Will soon launch my TV reality show by God's grace. I'm a jack of all trade.

How it began?

 It began when i was a child in nursery school . I used to write storybooks for my friends, i would draw and paint people in those stories. ... But the motivational and relationship part really began when i lost my dad n 2013. I became emotional and everything unleashed. 



What inspires your style of writing? 

The death of my dad, societal happenings and mostly God inspires my style of writing. 



What's the unique selling point of your writings?

The unique selling point of my writings is the humour inbetween lines. Every message i send out entertains too.


How fulfilled are you in your chosen career?
Honestly I can't say I'm so fulfilled yet. I'm a show biz and entertainment kind of person and looking out to having a TV reality show soon but right now I'm into family biz. Which I would say it's not really my own thing and flare

Who is your role model? 
My late Dad was and is still my role model. 


How do you relax? 

To unwind, I chat with friends,Listen to music R $ B mostly, travel to a new place and rest/sightsee, sit out with loved one over few glasses of irish cream, take a nap...Just relax!


Does match- making necessarily lead to a blissful marriage? 

Match making sometimes lead to a very blissful marriage. Not always! It's not how people meet and where they met that results in a blissful marriage but compatibility, humility and mostly God's grace that leads to bliss in every marriage







Your writes up are mainly centered on relationship, what's your advice for couples going through rough time in their marriages? .


I have had a lot of relationship experience, good bad, worse, hideous and horrible. I talk mostly from my experience and biblical commandments. Couples who are going through tough time in their marriage should humble themselves and learn to show remorse and forgive eachother always.. They should Pray fervently and without ceasing making God the centre of their marriage, trusting God to handle every marital difficulties. There's nothing God can't do



What's your stand on gender equality? 

Gender equality to me is acceptable when it comes to a woman having equal rights with a man in areas of work, political appointments etc but at home in marriage, a woman can never be equal to her husband. Her husband is the head and the woman must submit. A lot of women get it wrong and take their gender equality rights into their marriages. They mix everything up and that's how we got the whole feminism mess. 

Comments