YOU NEED TO BE CREATIVE TO BECOME A BEAD MAKER - CHIOMA NNAEMEKA

Over the years, beads have overthrown the use of gold and wire works. Beads used to be considered as a sign of royalty to some tribes, while some use it only during ceremonies. But nowadays, beads are used by everyone, regardless of tribes and functions.  In this Interview, Chioma Nnaemeka takes us round her world of Bead making.

How it all began? 

It all started when I visited my elder brother's house and I found out that my sister in-law is into bead making. So I decided to render a helping hand but she was like you don't know how to and we laughed over it.  Later on  I asked her to show me the steps to a particular necklace she was making because Iam a very fast learner, after wards  I decided to buy beads and  make them into my own designs, from there I became a professional Bead maker . 



What's the unique selling point of your outfit?

 I  use beads and a lot of things like flowers, slippers, necklace, roses etc.






How fulfilled are you in your chosen career?

 I am so fulfilled in this business because it's my hobby creating new designs


What does it take to become a bead maker?

To become a bead maker, you need to be creative to figure out what design you need and the accessories needed for it. Also you need courage, dedication, passion, and time factor .


Who is your role model?

 My sister in-law is my role model


 Advice for the Nigerian Youths?

 My advice for my fellow youths is to be creative and not to sit at home waiting for a company to Employ them. Our youths should aspire to  be their own boss, even if you are working somewhere try and learn a creative work because you won't regret it.
















Comments