‘I owe 85% of my success to my dad, Oga Bello’ – Nollywood actor, Femi Adebayo





Adebayo Salami and Femi Adebayo
Adebayo Salami and Femi Adebayo
Nollywood actor, Femi Adebayo is one actor who’s always ready to tell whoever wants to listen that he owes his success to his father, Adebayo Salami aka Oga Bello, a veteran Yoruba actor and former ANTP president
The careers of the newly appointed S.A to Kwara State government and that of his younger ones- Sodiq (Production Manager) and Tope Adebayo (Movie Director), who are doing very well in the movie industry, have no doubt been influenced by their father.
In a recent interview, the Jelili actor has once again heaped praise on Oga Bello, who still today wields a huge influence in the Nigerian make-believe industry
In his words, ‘I used to take acting as a hobby and not a profession. It was actually a hobby turned profession. Professionally, I had always wanted to be a lawyer so I went to school to study and I graduated as a lawyer. But I just realised that I’m having more fun and I was more comfortable in the entertainment world. That was why I chose acting.’
Speaking further, the lawyer-turned-actor said, ‘I must say that if I am opportuned to come into this world again, I want to come through him. Daddy is an extremely humble man and we learnt that from him. Apart from the fact that he’s a talented actor, daddy is a born leader and the attribute of leadership, we took from him. I’ve been using so much of his principles in my daily activities and it has been really working for me. So I give it to him. And I must say that I owe 85% of my success to him.’

Comments