Okagbare: It’s Nigeria First, No Rift With AFN

Blessing-Okagbare-advanced-to-the-finals-of-the-200m-of-IAAF-World-Championships-in-Moscow

Nigerian track queen, Blessing Okagbare has told Completesportsnigeria.com that she would always put Nigeria’s interest uppermost on her mind above all other considerations.
The two time Commonwealth Games 100m gold medallist said events leading to her coming to the 11th All Africa Games were not as people speculated.
Okagbare on Tuesday night led the Team Nigeria 4×100 metres relay team to win gold at the ongoing 11Th All Africa Games in Brazzaville.
“Sometimes things don’t go as planned, but as a patriotic Nigerian, I always put the interest of the country uppermost on my mind,” Okagbare remarked during a chat with Completesportsnigeria.com here in Brazzaville.
“I will always do my best for my country,” the Commonwealth gold medallist reiterated.
Okagbare however rubbished suggestions she had a rift with the Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN).
“It is not true that I had a rift with AFN. The stories are figment of the imagination of a section of the media.
“I had an understanding with the federation that I will only compete in the 4x100m.
“I’m here for the race and gold medal was won in the race, mission accomplished,” Okagbare stated.

Comments