I’m Not At War With Majek Fashek—Ras Kimono


news

Legendary Reggae musician, Ras Kimono has voiced out on the gradual death of live band performance, saying younger artistes now prefer to maim their songs from CDs while performing on stage.
He told Sun newspaper that he is not happy with the latest trend, stressing that the music industry cannot move forward that way.
“When I came back from the US, I talked about it, I even said fire burn every man who says we should pay to go watch his CD performance on stage, but right now, the society has found out that it’s a rip-off. Nobody is going to pay to watch what you could listen to in the comfort of your home,” Ras Kimono said.
The musician also debunked rumour making the rounds that he is not at peace with fellow Reggae star, Majek Fashek, who is undergoing a rehab in Abuja. He described the speculations as lies.
In his words, “No, none so ever, he is my brother. Since he went for rehab, I speak to him every other day. My prayer for him is that he comes out strong and better, we are going to have concerts.”

Comments