I Have Nothing Against Jonathan—Blessing Okagbare


news

Nigeria’s queen of track and field, Blessing Okagbare-Ighoteguonor, has said she is a staunch fan of President Jonathan and he holds no grudge against his re-election bid.
Not too long ago, it was reported that Blessing decried the use of her image by Jonathan’s team for campaign advertorial, which was later used by the opposition party to castigate the presidency.
Speaking from her base, Blessing said, “I heard that some opposition parties are using that against Jonathan’s campaign. It shouldn’t be so. I don’t want anyone or opposition parties to get it twisted. I am a diehard fan of the president. He has inspired me so much and I appreciate everything and the changes he brought into Nigerian sports.”
However, she maintained that the use of her image for the campaign footage was without her approval.
“Like I said, I am in support of Jonathan’s re-election bid, But I want to say that what Good House Nigeria did in that advertorial by using my image and footage without seeking my consent was totally wrong and unprofessional,” she stressed.

Comments