I Shook Odogbolu Like An Elephant During My Campaign—Dayo Adeneye


news

Dayo Adeneye, popularly called ‘D1’ has shared his experience in politics. The soft-speaking showbiz personality said he did not lose out the All Progressives Congress (APC) primaries in his Odogbolu constituency, but he was prevailed upon to support the eventual winner of the party’s slot.
He described himself as an ‘elephant’ that shook the environment of Odogbolu during the primaries. The co-founder of Kennis Music group said he was ready to work for the party’s success over personal success.
Speaking with Yes! International Magazine, he said, “We ran a very, very successful campaign. The short time we were in it, I mean, Odogbolu was shaking. They knew somebody, an elephant had entered the town and we thank God for that.
“My people are yearning for change and in as much as we did not get the ticket; we were prevailed upon to support another candidate and I believe the interest of the party is bigger than the interest of any individual.
“When the party succeeds, we all succeed. What we basically want is change. So, the journey has been tremendous. I am very convinced that I made the right decision, because I have thought about it over the years.”
He however gave credit to the campaign team that tried to make his political dreams come through during the internal electoral process in the APC.
“It is also a very expensive process, but I thank God that with the help of God, my able wife (Caroline) and some friends, we were able to run a very, very successful campaign. And I dare say, we have no shame. It is the grace of God.
“I cannot take all the credit. I have to give a lot of thanks to all the people that supported me; people like yourself and all my friends in the media, my wife and so on,” he said.

Comments