THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN LIFE INSPIRES ME - MAYEN

Mayen is one of the female musician  rocking the stage and airwaves in the gardencity 'portharcourt', she is not only a musician but also a dejay who rocks parties.In this interview with ERIC OJ,she reveals how far the journey has taken her.

How  it all began? 
It began since i was a little kid, i always love to sing  while i was still at  nursery school till my high school. 
I also sang in some churches.And then i started writing and recorded my own songs in my mid teens.

What inspires you?
 Things that happen in life inspires me generally, it could be pain, love, hardtimes, struggle, challenges and envorument etc.

What's your unique selling point ?
  I like being simple, but at the same time smart. ''Am not this super quiet'' , and am not the other way round too.  Most time my dressing is usually simple, sharp and smart. And my Dread locks hair style complements it.

How fulfilled are you in your chosen career?
I feel blessed especially when i do the things i love and make money from it. I give God the glory, and am still working real hard for my music and name to get international, i believe in God, its gonna happen soon.



 Who is your role model? 
 My role model,hmm 'dem many o'...hahaha, when it coms to music they are Bob marley, Dolly parton, Tuface etc. But generally my Mum was though she's now in heaven i believe.

How do you unwind? 
 I unwind in a club or lunge playing music as a dj... Or watch football games, or better still i relax at home chatting online with my fans, friends,  loved ones and my manager.

Advice for the Nigerian Youths?
 My advice to the Nigerian is for them to belive in themselves their dreams, they shouldn't give no one a chance to talk them down or design their life and future for them wrongly.

where do we see your brand in the next five years? 
 In the next five years my outfit, music, and style will be what everyone can relate to, both young and old 
 I see me being a source of inspiration and blessings to lot of people.






what do you think the government can do to help the industry?
I think the government should include music industry as part of their budget . The industry needs finance no doubt, cause lot  of  young people out there are talented but no finance to push it through,most of us are really struggling to record a piece of song in the studio. And its really terrible,so i beg the government   to support the industry financially and also set up a structure for the industry.


Comments