I DID COMEDY FOR THE FUN OF IT BUT NOW IT PAYS MY BILLS--VITAMIN C

known for his hilarious gimmicks and music, vitamin c in an interview with eric olusesan reveals his journey so far.



What is your background?

•Vitamin means Lively,C is for Charles..Am a native of khana LGA ,ogoni in rivers state, my mum is from abia(umuahia)..A preacher' s son,with B.Sc in psychology.   AM MC,comedian,singer,radio n tv presenter.


How will you describe your sojourn in the entertainment industry?

•started out singing in church and Mcing events..Made my debut performance with a trio male gospel group(2000),VOP with Mr.Robinson(93.7fm pH)as one third of d crew,with a hit single "Nanaowei do"..Later backep up the then popular gospel artiste(Asu Ekiye)for 10 years(2002-2012).Had always made people laugh but decided to take it upstage back in 2008.
What does it take to be a toast of big comedy shows home and abroad ?

•To host a big comedy show home and abroad requires the host to be famous and have major names on the show that can sell tickets.Time and space won't let me go into all the details • . 

If you take a trip down memory lane, would you say everything is working according to plan ?

•for sure it's working according to plan because looking back at the begining,I did comedy for the fun of it but now it pays even more than what some people earn in a month working in an office.
 What are some of the survival strategies of VITAMIN CEE ?

some survival strategies I use in the business is to update myself constantly,studying the act properly,know other successful comedian's strengths or weakness,know when to sign out as the ovation and laugh is high,be open to learn new things from any where and daily experiences..I can't list them all here .
What don’t you fancy about being a comedian ?

•I don't like the fact that most comedians had gone ahead to make people see us as dropouts,vulgarians and mediocres,but thank God some of us are well read and informed.
what is the highest point of your career so far ?


•I'm yet to get to the peak of my comedy career but apart from making millions and fame,what makes me happy is seeing wealthy people in our society enjoying what I do and showing respect and the ordinary people recognising me on the street.
 If you were not doing comedy what would you have commit to ?

•if I wasn't into showbiz I would have been a mechanical engineer

Your last word for your fans?
My last word is:put God 1st...speak what you see and see what you speak.

Comments