GOSPEL MUSIC IS INFUSED WITH THE LIFE OF GOD--EBIERE


Ebiere‘s vocals flow easily with the emotive production and really get you in that “Gospel Zone”.In this interview with eric olusesan,she bears it all.

Who is Ebiere? Kindly let us into your world.

 Ebiere is a gospel musical Artiste born in the eastern parts of Nigeria, a passionate Christian, vocalist, song writer, music director, wife and mother.

How did music start for you and why Gospel Music?
 I discovered I could sing when I was about 6 years old, singing in a children's choir and I have been singing ever since; I didn't choose gospel music, I don't believe I had a choice... I tell people that if I go circular I will not sell because I do not have a place there.God chose me and I'm a love slave of gospel music because this is where I belong.

Is gospel music an all comers thing or what distinguishes gospel music from other music?
 Gospel music is music infused with the life of God. It is Gods word in music and The word is God. It is not just for anybody, it is an office for those that are chosen and anointed by God. I understand that there are songs out there that have scriptural lyrics but do not have this Zoe life I'm talking about. The difference between this and true gospel music is the person singing the song, you have to be chosen and filled with the Holy Ghost to be a gospel artiste. And if it is indeed gospel music it will carry the life of God that brings about salvation, deliverance, healing and the impartation "Gods anointing" and grace to the listener. It has the power to impact not just to the soul but the spirit of a person.

Since after the release of your last Album “Tamara mbana” what have you been up to?
 After Tamara I took a maternity leave for about two years after which I recorded and released my latest Album "POT OF GOLD". I also did a tour of churches within Port Harcout city to create awareness of the album. I also minister in churches and events as God opens the doors of opportunity to me.

What do you think about the acceptance of Gospel music, particularly your style, among church folks and the general public as well?
 The church is obviously very enthused by Gospel music.. Music is a vital part of our worship as Christians so it is highly appreciated in the church. Gospel Aristes are in high demand because it seems to me like there are only a few of us making impact compared to the population of the church. There is a new tend now. Churches are bringing in gospel artiste from the western world. globalization is possibly one of the reasons for this but I believe that we need to have more gospel artiste at home. My style is unique and I noticed it gets the attention of people inside and outside the church and that is encouraging.

What inspired your new singles ''YEKILEME"?
My friend a gospel artiste Samsong. He was very involved in the recording of Pot of gold. Most of the songs were recorded at his studio BOOGIE DOWN STUDIO Abuja. He suggested that I do a worship song in my dialect and so I brooded over the concept and came up with the song.

When is your full album dropping and who should we expect to feature on it?
My full Album was released last year April and there is no famous person on this one. No one you would know.

Where do you hope to find yourself in the ladder of your musical career in the nearest future?
At the top of the ladder doing what God has called me to do. I want to be the best i can be.

What is your advice to upcoming artistes and people pursuing their dreams like you?
Walk in and with the Spirit, work hard, stay focused and persevere.


Aside music, what else do you do? 
Not much for now. Maybe I'll branch into other aspects of ministry in the future... As The Lord leads.

How do you combine  music with the home front, as a married woman and a mother?
 Effective time management. It's not a walk in the park, but it involves a lot of planning. And Gods wisdom guides me.

Who are your musical influences?
 Venessa Bell Armstrong, Karen Clark Sheard, Shirly Cearser, Helen Baylor, Christie Bature, Pst. Chinelo Dilimono, Sinach, Yolanda Adams, Kim Burell etc.

currently there are crisis across nigeria, do you think gospel music can bring the desired peace?
Yes I do, because it is Gods word in song which comes with the power of God to cause changes. Uniting everyone in a gospel praise and worship concert can work wonders. When we praise the devil flees. Remember Paul and Silas in the prison. ( though I'm not sure which crises you are referring to)

It's nice talking with you
Thank you for the opportunity.

Comments