Tonto Dikeh responds to NDLEA arrest threat

Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh has responded to a potential arrest threat by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) by declaring that she has not received any summon to that effect.
The marijuana pictures posted on Instagram elicited a flurry of invectives from critics and fans alike of the controversial actress and according to the spokesperson of NDLEA, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyejus the agency will see to it that action is taken on the issue.
“Our attention has been drawn to the post quite frankly and I can tell you that action will be taken on it. The law is clear and NDLEA has been very clear on the issue. No one is permitted to sell, use, cultivate or encourage the use of Indian hemp in Nigeria. The substance is one of the banned narcotics in the country.
“NDLEA Act Section 14 (b) states that any person who conspires with, aids, abets, counsels, attempts to commit or is an accessory to any act or offence referred to in this act shall be guilty of an offence under this act and liable on conviction to be sentenced to imprisonment for a term not less than 15 years and not exceeding 25 years.”
Meanwhile the actress has launched a damage control campaign by stating through her publicist that the picture posted on Instagram is a misconception.
“As much as I would like to ignore the current issue on hemp, I think I owe well-meaning people some clarification. It is so easy the misconception that can come from a picture- the genius of technology. If you cannot find me holding a wrap of marijuana then you may want to slow down on your assumptions. We shouldn’t use our platforms to spread half-truths.
“A fan wrote those words with herbs on my birthday on Instagram, and I replied: “Thank you #teampoko”. Now how does someone else’s action become my crime? If I said those words (‘Mi smoke gaja mi smoke weed while my hatez smoke ma gossip’) I will stand by them but I didn’t, and just because it is convenient for people to believe the lies still doesn’t make it the truth. The whole thing is falsified by people who just love to have fun at other’s expense.
“Let’s put some thought to some of the things we write. Don’t do cut-and-paste. The original pictures are there to see; but no! That is too boring to be the truth. We want the truth to be nasty and spicy for our enjoyment, even if it is a pack of lies. Visit my Instagram page and see if the original picture is the same as the ones being circulated”, she said.

Comments