I Will Never Love Or Get Married Again-Femi Kuti

Click for Full Image Size
Femi Kuti, the global brand has revealed his reasons for not loving anymore. The first son of the late afrobeat legend, Fela Anikulapo, Femi said each time he falls in love, each time, he gets his heart broken.

“I don’t think I will ever be able to trust anybody. I will never be able to give any woman that chance. First, I will never be faithful. Never ever! I will not even try to be faithful. I won’t! because first of all, I don’t even believe a woman would be faithful to me. And why does she want to be faithful to me? First, I think it’s very unnatural and I cannot even imagine standing somewhere and one man will say ‘I pronounce you man and wife.”

It’s so obvious that Femi doesn’t believe in the institution of marriage, “Who are you to pronounce me man and wife? Okay, I pronounce myself man and wife. There’s a girl who lives with me now. She’s not as jealous as most of my other girlfriends.. She knows I like women, so we understand each other. She doesn’t question me, I don’t question her. She takes cares of our child, no wahala. But the minute she starts being over-jealous, we are going to start to fight. She’s the kind of person that I will say, that girl is fine o, and she will say, should I chase her for you? And I will say don’t worry, I can do it myself. It’s about freedom expression, freedom of the mind, freedom of being able to live and if that institution cannot give me that, why should I go into an institution that is about restriction? It doesn’t mean that I’m somebody that wants to sleep around, I just don’t like ‘don’t, don’t, don’t! I don’t need an institution to tell me that. I don’t want anybody to question me. Who are you to question my life? Have you heard any of my song questioning anybody? And every time I’ve tried to love, they have broken my heart. From day one – either because I’m Fela’s son. I hear the parents say ‘oh, you want to marry Fela’s son? God forbid. Even Funke that I married, when her mother found out I was Fela’s son, she scream no o! God forbid. Funke had to runaway to get pregnant o! And we ran away to get married. So, by the time she and her mother made up, of course, the marriage collapsed,” he explained.

Comments