‘Emerging Miss University Nigeria is a giant leap for me’

‘Emerging Miss University Nigeria is a giant leap for me’
Excitement was visibly written all over Miss Winfrey Okolo, a 400 level law student of University of Benin, as she emerged Miss University Nigeria 2012/13 at a ceremony held recently in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja. The pageant was held in conjunction with the Ministry of State for the Federal Capital Territory. Okolo’s victory came with a brand new Nissan Sunny sedan and a chance to represent Nigeria at the Miss University Africa pageant, which comes up in February 2013.
Miss Iwebuke Jennifer of University of Lagos and Omole Oyindamola of University of Ibadan were first and second runners-up respectively. Speaking after being announced the new queen, 20-year-old Okolo said: “I am so happy to be crowned Miss University Nigeria. This is a giant leap for me and I am sure I have a national platform to reach out to humanity in my own little way. To the other contestants, I say you all are winners too and I appreciate you all for making the competition worthwhile for me.”
Veteran broadcaster and Chief Executive Officer of Inspiration FM, Soni Irabor, who headed the panel of judges, declared that the new queen epitomizes the ideals of the pageant. Commenting, Taylor Nazzal, Managing Director, Visions Innovations and Concepts Limited, organisers of the pageant, said: “The Miss University Nigeria pageant is a non-bikini pageant comprising all Nigerian universities irrespective of their religious beliefs or ethnicity with the view to discouraging indecent dressing, celebrating beauties and brains, promoting education, national unity and discovering the innate potentials of Nigerian students and youths as well as celebrating Nigeria globally.”

Comments