LILYJEAN,LADY OF SONG


We picked up interest in Lilyjean‘s music when We first heard her refreshing voice of off the hit singles Scatter My Head and Over You where her sublimely unsullied vocals could best be compared with the snugness of blankets, that wraps you up in cold lonely nights. she hangs more on the versatile end of sound yet behind her gorgeously listenable voice there’s this bright cheerful girl waiting to be unveiled fully.
In her new song, I’ve Been A Bad Girl, she skilfully follows the beat, placing her words accurately over charming layers of warm melodies. You will hear her introduce an Ibo phrase ‘a rapu kwa la m o’ as the song flows, which translates as ‘Don’t Leave me'.
She reveals what makes her a house name in garden city In this interview with  Eric olusesan.


Why did you choose to do music?
it's my calling,I love music because it makes me happy,I'm easily inspired writing songs and performing them.In short,music makes me happy


 What kind of music do you do?
 I do Pop/Rock and sometimes Dancehall but I'm versatile

What inspires you?
People around, things around and inspiration drawn from within.Am a very spiritual person.

  Would you say things have been going on smoothly in your career?
   Of course it has and I thank God because  I'm beginning to reap from fruit of my labour..

  Let's Talk about your Hit Tracks Scatter My Head and Bad Girl, did you know it's going to be a hit?
  Honestly I did'nt know but whenever I do a song,I always believe it's going be a hit.


 What Inspires You to do  songs like that?  
Scatter My Head is a love song for people in love,I just did it as a freestyle in the studio and people loved it.I even got an award for it as best naija urban female at the niger delta advancement awards. while my producer gave me a topic 'Bad Girl' and told me to go home and write a song on it.It became a great rock song and got me some nominations for best video and best pop/rock.

  Where do you see yourself in the next fives years?
   I see me winning significant awards and changing lives in Nigeria through my music.I'll soar higher.

  Tell Us your background, do you do anything side singing?
I am obi lilyjean Onyiyechi from Orlu LGA in Imo State.My Stage Name is Lilyjean.I was Born in Bamenda in Cameroun, where i had my primary and secondary education.I'm Bilingual.
I just graduated from University of port harcourt as a geologist. I'm planning on delving into oil and mining business.Mining sector is not fully explored in Nigeria.But for now I do small scale business.
   
 What is your Final Word To your Fans?
  I will like to thank my fans for their support and will urge them to pray for me keep listening to good music and  believe in yourself no matter what you do.I love you all and thanks for being there.

Comments