ICE WATER QUEEN,LAMILI.


Lamili,One of Nigeria's hottest and talented artiste!! Her songs and videos  speaks for her. She is  happily married to a white man and loves dressing up - preferably something unique to go along with her Captivating acts on stage.In this interview with  Eric olusesan,she reveals more about herself.

why did you choose to do music?
Music has always fascinated and been a part of me, my dad is a musician (plays instruments) even though he does it for fun. I grew up listening to lots of music as my parents are music lovers.

What kind of music do you do?
Am very versatile, I can't say am strictly into R&B, I do a bit of everything and am a soul singer.

Would you say things have been going on smoothly in your career?
At the beginning, it wasn't because I had to do everything myself including sponsoring myself but now things are going smoothly because am being recognized and appreciated even outside of Nigeria.

Let's talk about your hit track 'ice water',did you think it's going to be a hit?
Honestly, I did'nt, its funny the way that song came to be, one of my producers called me up and said he has a beat I would like, so I drove down to the studio and lo and behold, I loved the beat, there and then, I started singing to it, Maxi happened to be in the studio that day and he liked the beat as well, we were just flowing to the beat so I decided to feature him as well.

What inspires you to do a like that?
We just flowed to the beat, Icewater instrumental does not need dull lyrics, it needed a very hot and catchy lyrics so we did justice to it.

What are you up to lately musically?
I'm getting ready for my second album, recording more songs, promoting my new single BABY MAMA & APPRECIATE featuring Samsong , doing collabos and going for shows.

How do you see music industry in Nigeria?
A lot has improved and lots of talents are being born, everyone is being proud to say am a musician, we are being recognised and patronised outside the country but a lot still needs to be done in some part of Nigeria when it comes to music.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
Releasing more hit songs and going from glory to glory.

Tell us about your background,do you do anything else,aside singing?how do you cope with your career and married life?
Aside music, am a student of university of Sheffield UK studying Travel and tourism management and also running a Part time programme at the University of Portharcourt studying Linguistics and communication, also running a business with the help of my husband, we are expecting our first child so I 'll sure need extra arms and legs to help, laughs, The Lord is my strength! My hubby met me as an Artiste, one of the things he adores in me, he is solidly behind me, he is actually very proud that I have an ambition and that am a public figure. Laughs, he loves d way other people admire me.

What are the challenges you face in your career?
Breaking out of my shell (Portharcourt and Nigeria) which is being handled because am spreading my tentacles all over Nigeria and in Europe.

How do handle advances from opposite sex?
 I am very down to earth, we joke and laugh when its time but I politely let them know their limitations because am a happily married woman.

What is your final word to your fans?
It is a journey of a thousand of miles, only the hard working, determined, patient, cool headed, meek and God fearing ones make it through. I want to thank my fans whose been patient, supporting, whose got my back, Thank you to those who criticized me, you all make me stronger and wiser, I' ll always keep you entertained. muah!!!

Comments