PEACE NWOBUDU IDEOZU AMAKIRI:THE UNSTOPPABLE



My name is Peace Nwobudu Ideozu Amakiri. I was born into the Amakiri family of Odiemereyi, Akoh and married to the Ideozu family of Ahoada East. I am a Bachelor of Education graduate from College of Education where I majored in Chemistry.

I’ve been an active grass-root PDP member since 2005 and started my political career as an aspirant in the 2007 elections. Prior to this, I was an actress in Nollywood - inviting Nollywood legends at the time to grace occasions, weddings and funerals in Ahoada.

Although I wasn’t given a position after my first election, in all that time, I have worked in my own capacity to join hands in improving improve the socio-economic structure of Ahoada and in-turn, of Rivers State.

In 2006, I established the infamous montesori primary school called MM&M in 42 Umuzhi Street Ahoada East LGA. The head of school was an expatriate from Europe and the facilities were all imported - with classroom furniture and teaching aids from IKEA. The playground was fully equipped with modern, state of the art equipment. Before 2006, this was unheard of in Ahoada. Over 70% of the student body was on a scholarship and the entire student body was from Ahoada. The secondary school was a boarding school for girls in Trans Amadi Gardens in Port Harcourt to accommodate our primary school graduates.

I also established the Miss Ekpeye Beauty Pageant and Talent Hunt to empower our youth. Over the years, our applicants, contestants and winners were sponsored in one way or another to complete their university education either by buying their forms or paying their entire tuition fee. I empowered our youth in this way in my own capacity and without funding.

I was widowed in 2012 and left alone with 3 children to fend for. This was the year that I moved the schools to Rivers State for the safety of my children and I. 



By 2015, by God’s grace and with a roof over my head, I was able to continue my philanthropic endeavors. This time around, my plight was aimed at empowering widows and their children having experienced the worst side of it myself. I started the Widows Pride movement for which I rallied associations of widows from Ahoada to actively participate in PDP campaigns for the 2019 elections. In my own capacity, I hired buses for this entourage and made sure food and water was provided for them during rallies and calls from you, our esteemed governor, to speak to the people of our local government. I also rallied our youth encouraged them to vote for PDP with pocket money for their efforts. I achieved all this without funding. 

Unfortunately, my efforts have been seen but sidelined for decades now. I believe that I am a a good standing citizen and a loyal, devoted party member. After the 2019 elections, I was neither picked up nor supported. I am a widow and had to fend for my children by moving to Europe.

I have still been active even throughout the pandemic especially through my registered Foundation - Peace Budu Global Education Foundation. We supplied food, palliatives, face masks and medical supplies to widows, their children and public school students. We shared money and school bags. All in my own capacity. 



The Foundation also met with experienced world traveling ambassadors to dialogue on how we can emulate the West in small ways that can make the biggest impact in the grassroots.


Theses comparisons and contrasts are invaluable wisdom that can only be beneficial if given the opportunity to serve, based on my potential over the last decades,  i will carry my Constituency along from a position in the government. 



I have served the party, I have suffered, I have been a woman of the people and I am running for the post of the House of Assembly under or great party PDP to continue to be an asset to my people and not let them down.

Comments