I love a very quiet environment like beaches where i draw my inspiration from-Fortune Okwuenyia

Fortune okwuenyia is a
Nigerian based R N B musician
of Abia state origin.To her
credit are two albums and over six
international standard musical
videos. She has won many
laurels including city people
entertainment awards as the
best south-south muscian of
the year 2014,Niger delta
advancement awards as female
artiste of the year on many
occasion among many other
awards too numerous to
mention. In this interview,she talks about her life, career and other issues with Eric olusesan.

Image may contain: 1 person, close-up

What are your Real names?
Fortune Okwuenyia.

 

How did your musical career begins?
I started proffessionaly in 2002,when i came out of a group called flygirl.

 
Classify your kind of music?
My music is a blend of soul,R and b with Dancehall.


Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, close-up

How did you develop a passion for music?
Music has always been a part of me.my radio was my closest friend.Then i noticed i could sing most of the songs i heard on radio.The greatest inspiration i have comes from my environment, the things i see around me.

 

Who are your mentors?
Onyenka Onwenu in Nigeria for her style of soul music and internationaly, beyonce because of her stage attitude.

 

Which Artiste would you like to perform with?
Waje,Omawumi,Tiwa savage,Mo’Cheddah among other notable Nigerian Acts.

 Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and indoor

What should we expect from you in the near future?
Catch me in the city near you together with my crew.

 

What do you think is your selling point?
My strong personality, am a very friendly and humble person with my creativity and dancing skills.

What inspired your new single titled ‘Mama’?
The song mama is for every deserving mother, wife, sister and the girl child. The song is to appreciate the role of the mother in the home. Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

How do you unwind?
I love a very quiet environment like beaches where i draw my inspiration from.

  Image may contain: 1 person, standing

What's your favourite colours?

Green,pink and red.

 

Advice to other artistes?
Let brotherly love continue to reign.

 

What do you think of the Nigerian music industry?
We are growing very fast.we just need a proper distribution channel to reduce piracy.

 

Your final word to your fans?
I want to thank all my fans who have been there all through for me.God bless you all,expect to see the better me.
Image may contain: 1 person

Comments