MY LOVE FOR FASHION STARTED WAY BACK TENDER AGE- CHIOMA VICTORY, CEO OF CHIVICCOUTURE


She says she wants  “Chiviccouture to be internationally/globally recognized as one of the best designs in the world. We spoke with Chioma Victory, about what inspires her Chiviccouture clothing line.






How it all began? 

My love for fashion started way-back my tender age. My parents told me that, I always loved to be dressed in to match attires. And that I consistently was very choosy when it comes to what I wear. So I will likely say, my adventure into fashion business all started in my early days.


What inspires you?

Well creativity and the ability to make something new. By putting knowledge, passion and wisdom together. All this are my inspiration.

 


 What's the unique selling point of your outfit?

 A. The quality of the materials I put in place to get the best. B. Its made available for all sizes. For example, a plus size woman don't have to be left out, we put them into considerations while creating my designs, unlike other designers who make/ creates designs only for small or medium size women. We have sizes ranging from 6 to size finish.

 How fulfilled are you in your chosen career?

 Hmmmm, interesting question. Honestly I'm as fulfilled like a child who just finished sucking from his/ her mothers breast. You know there's no place or profession that will be better than one doing what makes him/her happy. I have so much passion in anything "Fashion". Be it my creation or someone else's own, I just love fashion. So I can categorically state that I'm content been a Fashion Entrepreneur.


 Who is your role model? 

 (smiles) well there are lots of them internationally but let me narrow it down to here in Nigeria. In the fashion business there are lots of Nigerian designers who I admire a lot one of them is Miss Toyin Lawani (her creativity is just exclusive, especially her transformer designs), another designer is Fola-Toks Abiodun one amazing thing about her is that she's very creative and to be honest with you, I get most of my inspirations from her works. She's amongst the best we have.



 Advice for the Nigerian Youths? 

 My advice is that they should be responsible, independent and pursue their dreams early. Over the years I've come to understand that you are the only one who can discover yourself, no one will do that for you. Make memories out of your existence, let there be a positive thing to be remembered of you when you are no more.


where do we see your outfit in the next five years?

 Hmmm the sky will be our starting point. I tell u by Gods infinite grace, in the next 5years @Chiviccouture, @Chivic Fashion World will be internationally/globally recognized as one of the best designs in the world.




 



 what do you think the government can do to help the industry ?

 Most importantly they should provide constant power supply. Create an opportunity so Nigerian designers will be appreciated. And also to appreciate and buy made in Nigerian products (wears) that way others will stop importing wears from other countries

 What is style? 

 Well i define Style as any one's creativity, ideas that is put in place to provoke-a-stare in all ramifications.


Does fashion includes exposing Cleve ages?

Well as a designer I won't really say Yes or No, because fashion to me is what u wear and you are comfortable wearing it. It doesn't matter if u show or do not show your Cleavages..


Comments